Common Causes of Car and Truck Wrecks
Car and truck wrecks cause unwanted consequences for victims and their loved ones. Even minor accidents can lead to major disruptions in one’s life by setting off a domino effect of inconveniences such as having to miss work, earn wages and other challenges that hinder one’s ability to keep their life running according to plan.
It is helpful to understand the common causes of automobile accidents that can put one’s life at risk so that preventative measures can be taken whenever possible to avoid becoming involved in a traffic accident. It’s also important to hold drivers responsible, when the poor driving habits of others cause one harm. The following is a list of the most common causes of car and truck wrecks.
- Cell Phone Use and Driving While Distracted – Distracted driving is anything that prevents a driver from fully focusing on the road. Nationwide, distracted driving tops the list of car wreck causes. Some common causes of distracted driving include texting while driving, adjusting music or controls and applying makeup.
- Speeding –Speeding is a factor in a significant percentage of Dallas car wrecks. A number of drivers opt to drive at excessive speeds regardless of posted limits, without considering the potential consequences of an accident or citation. Doing so places themselves and others at risk of significant harm.
- Driving While Intoxicated –Driving after consuming alcohol is a high-risk act that can lead to serious accidents that result in extensive property damage. It is always necessary to find a designated driver when one opts to consume alcohol before getting behind the wheel.
- Driving Recklessly –Reckless driving can entail a number of actions including failing to obey traffic laws, following too closely behind other vehicles, speeding, and driving while being exposed to a range of distractions.
- Driving in Inclement Weather –Inclement weather can lead to numerous unpredictable consequences while driving. Drivers must take additional precautions when driving on road surfaces that become slick or dangerous due to rain, sleet, or other harsh weather conditions.
- Tailgating –Not allowing a safe following distance between vehicles is a common error that a number of drivers make due to sheer impatience. Many fatal car crashes occur in tailgating situations because drivers are not able to react in enough time when the vehicle in front of them stops quickly.
- Driving Drowsy –Drowsy driving is a huge issue that isn’t as widely discussed as other car wreck causes. However, fatigue while driving contributes to a large percentage of night time driving accident injuries and fatalities.
- Car Defects –Automobile manufacturers do not always have the best track record of ensuring that vehicles they produce are free of dangerous defects before allowing them to be placed in the hands of consumers and on the road.
The car and truck accident lawyers of Eberstein Witherite, LLP are dedicated to helping injured accident victims understand their legal options for moving forward and getting compensation for damages they have incurred as a result of the wrongful actions of others. Individuals who have questions about getting legal help for a Dallas car crash can call 1-800-Truck-Wreck® to speak with someone directly today.